Entity Tax Consultation

Conducting your trading business in an entity unlocks several additional tax benefits.

If you are interested in an entity for your trading activity, consider an Entity Tax Consultation.

First, start with a 50-minute consultation to determine if you are eligible for trader tax status and if you benefit from our entity solutions.

Our entity tax strategies require eligibility for trader tax status (TTS). With TTS, an individual or entity can deduct business, start-up, organization, and home office expenses. An S-Corp is necessary for a TTS trader to arrange the owners’ health and retirement plan deductions. LLC/partnerships or S-Corps help ring-fence trading positions vs. overlapping investments. The SALT cap workaround strategy allows pass-through entities (partnerships and S-Corps) to save taxes. Read more on our Entity Solutions page in our Tax Center.

Purchase an Entity Tax Consultation with Robert A. Green, CPA. It’s a 60-minute phone, Skype, or Zoom meeting. 

Our entity tax consultation includes:

  • Determine if your trading entity will be eligible for trader tax status (TTS), which is a requirement for the trader tax benefits. 
  • Choice of entity focusing on tax benefits: Single-member LLC taxed as a disregarded entity, LLC taxed as an S-Corp, Spousal-member LLC taxed as a partnership, a corporation taxed as an S-Corp or C-Corp.
  • Tips on choosing a unique company name to avoid IRS delays in obtaining an EIN online.
  • State of formation for an entity, usually in your home state where you have nexus (live, work, and trade).
  • Tax treatment when a spouse is an active owner vs. a non-active spouse.
  • Tax advice on funding the entity.
  • Tax tips for filing an EIN application online.
  • Tax tips for preparing an S-Corp election and whether your state accepts the federal election.
  • Tax advice on considering a  Section 475 election on securities and/or commodities by internal resolution within 75 days of inception.
  • Tax strategies in arranging health insurance and retirement plan deductions via payroll in an S-Corp.
  • Tax attributes of different retirement plans like an S-Corp Solo 401(k) vs. other types of programs.
  • Advice on payroll tax compliance.
  • Advice on capitalizing start-up costs and entity organization expenditures.
  • Advice on accounting solutions that fit your needs.
  • Tax advice on using an S-Corp accountable (expense) reimbursement plan.
  • Tax advice on how partners can deduct “unreimbursed partnership expenses” (UPE).
  • Tax advice on a ring-fencing solution: TTS trading with Section 475 in an entity, separate from investments on the individual level without 475.
  • Tax advice on using a SALT cap workaround strategy in twenty-plus states.
  • Tax advice on state and local income taxes that apply to a TTS partnership or S-Corp in your home state. Some states exempt a trading entity from state and local taxation.

Purchase an Entity Tax Consultation with Robert A. Green, CPA.

You should consider engaging an attorney to review our entity tax plan, advise you on the legal issues, and provide legal services. Robert A. Green, CPA, is not an attorney and does not provide legal advice.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at info@greentradertax.com.

Robert A. Green, CPA
CEO, Green & Company, Inc.