Year-End Planning For Entities: Payroll, Retirement And Health Insurance (Recording)
Important tax matters for entities to execute before year-end.
Nov 12, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Join CPA members Robert A. Green, Darren Neuschwander and Adam Manning for this important Webinar event.
If you operate an S-Corp trading company or S-Corp or C-Corp management company, you need to execute officers’ compensation (payroll) before year-end if you want employee-benefit plan deductions. You also need to establish some retirement plans before year-end including a Solo 401(k) plan or a defined-benefit plan. The elective deferral portion of a Solo 401(k) must be funded and integrated with year-end payroll. (You can fund the profit sharing plan portion in 2016.) If you don’t act before year-end, you will lose these valuable tax benefits.
In this Webinar, learn how to:
- Maximize and plan employee-benefit plan deductions including retirement plans and health insurance premiums.
- Determine the appropriate amount of officers’ compensation.
- Execute payroll in December when you have visibility on annual trading gains, losses and expenses.
- Add officers’ health insurance premiums to officer W-2 taxable wages.
- Select a payroll tax service provider. (We recommend Paychex.)
Examples Worksheet (PDF). (We revised the Defined Benefit Plan column after the Webinar.)