Traders Expo: Trader Tax Law Update
Watch the one-hour recording of this live event at the Traders Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Nov 20, 2014 at 8:30 am PST
Las Vegas | Nov. 19 – 22, 2014 • Caesars Palace
Trader tax law update: Current developments, year-end tax planning, business treatment (trader tax status), key tax elections, entities and retirement plans. – Free Workshop
Presented by Robert A. Green, CPA
• Current developments including tax reform, tax changes and court cases.
• Specific tax moves upper-income taxpayers should make in 2014 to avoid the ObamaCare 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned (investment) income and income and capital gains tax-rate hikes.
• How to execute year-end strategies that are often overlooked.
• Learn how to save thousands with trader tax status and discover key trader tax strategies and tax elections. Investors have important elections to make, too.
• Learn how to qualify for and claim trader tax status for 2014 even after year-end.
• Preparing a trader tax return for 2014 with maximum tax benefits.
• There are key tax treatment differences between securities, Section 1256 contracts (futures), all types of options, ETFs, forex, precious metals and more.
• Entities are a way to avoid the red flags associated with Schedule Cs for sole proprietor business traders, and they unlock additional tax breaks including high-deductible retirement plans and health-insurance premiums. Entities help traders avoid wash-sale loss deferral problems. They are more flexible for changing tax-treatment elections. Learn about the best types of entities and retirement plans for traders.
• Accounting software and a smartphone app GTT Tracker is excellent for tracking expenses and time and documenting qualification for trader tax status.