Top 11 Tax Deductions For Active Traders (Interactive Brokers Recording)
Save thousands more in taxes.
Apr 05, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST
Join trader tax expert Robert A. Green, CPA as he explains his top 11 tax deductions for traders who qualify for trader tax status.
- Home-office (HO) deductions
- Additions and improvements to office
- Tangible property expensing
- Section 179 (100%) depreciation
- Automated trading systems
- Education, mentoring and seminars
- Section 195 start-up expenditures
- Organization expenses
- Health insurance premiums
- Retirement plans
- Short selling expenses
Dear Deborah (King), Now that I’ve had the time, this year, to review your work in more detail, I can better appreciate the effort and thought you’ve been putting into our tax returns all these years. You’ve really been doing your best for us, and it certainly shows in this year’s return. I sincerely thank you. Our thanks and my very best wishes to you, always,