Forex Tax Treatment 2015
Forex tax treatment is unique and widely misunderstood by local tax professionals.
Apr 09, 2015 at 4:15 pm EST
If you want a recording, we suggest the latest version: How To Report Forex Trades On 2016 Tax Returns & 2017 Planning
Join Green NFH CPA and forex tax expert Robert A. Green CPA. In this GreenTraderTax Webinar, Mr. Green will explain how to handle forex trades on income tax returns including:
- Spot, forward and OTC options;
- Section 988 ordinary gain or loss treatment;
- Section 988 opt-out (capital gains) election;
- Qualifying for lower Section 1256(g) 60/40 capital gains rates;
- Reporting unrealized gains and losses with Section 1256(g);
- Rollover trades, interest and open P&L;
- Broker tax reporting, tax forms and summary reporting; and
- CFTC rules for retail off-exchange forex traders.