Exploring Trader Taxes (Charles Schwab Event)
Mar 26, 2015 at 3:30 pm PST
There is no recording of this event.
In this Schwab Virtual Trading Event* presentation, trader tax expert Robert A. Green, CPA of GreenTraderTax.com will cover:
- Tax treatment and compliance tips for investors vs. business traders qualifying for trader tax status.
- Deducting investment expenses with limitations on Schedule A and AMT.
- Trader tax status (business expense treatment).
- Onerous wash sale loss reporting on securities.
- How to use software to generate Form 8949 with correct wash sale loss adjustments calculated across all your accounts, including IRAs.
- Section 475 MTM exempts business traders from wash sale losses and capital loss limitations. Learn how to make a timely Section 475 election by April 15th.
- Tax treatment for securities, options, Section 1256 contracts, ETFs and other popular trading products.
- The added benefits of trading in an entity.
- How to use your retirement plans in connection with investing and trading — and what NOT to do.
- Obamacare taxes — the individual health insurance mandate and the net investment income tax on upper-income taxpayers.
- Your trader tax questions.
After attending a few of the Green webinars, I quickly realized that Bob, Adam and Darren really know all the ins and outs when it comes to the tax handling, preparation and compliance for trading forex. As a full-time trader, their firm guided me in selecting and setting up a business entity for my trading. I also used Green for tax compliance for both my business and personal returns. At first I was hesitant to not have a local CPA, but with the technology we have today that is a non issue. I found Adam and his staff to be highly knowledgeable and he also answered any questions I had in a very timely manner. The tracking templates were easy to use and helped me keep all my expenses organized. I will continue to use Green going forward as I feel that my returns will be fully compliant with the IRS and that they are helping me to utilize the tax code to my benefit. If you are a serious trader I highly recommend their services.