2013 Tax Filings For Traders & 2014 Tax Planning
Apr 02, 2014 at 4:15 pm EST
Green shows Lightspeed traders how to claim and benefit from trader tax status on 2013 tax filings, and how to make changes in 2014 that will save even more money.
Sponsored and hosted by Lightspeed Trading
Join noted trader tax expert Robert A. Green, CPA Managing Member of Green NFH, LLC a leading tax compliance firm for traders and investors.
- How traders should prepare 2013 tax returns differently from investors
- Business expenses versus investment expenses
- Trading gains and losses are reported on other tax forms
- Forex, securities, futures and options are taxed differently
- Try to get lower 60/40 tax rates in Section 125
- When to use summary reporting versus line-by-line reporting for each trade
- Special accounting issues for securities traders, including using Tradelog software to generate Form 8949 with proper cost basis reporting and accounting for wash sales across all accounts
- Business traders can form entities to deduct health insurance and retirement plan contributions
- 2014 tax planning