Trading Through A Separate Entity

Recorded Nov. 14, 2012

Trading in an entity looks better to the IRS than a Schedule C for a sole proprietor trader. Green recommends pass-through entities like LLCs, partnerships and S-Corps. (Postscript: Starting in 2014, we prefer S-Corps paying a salary to the owner due to IRS changes in connection with the Net Investment Tax. Entities must also file Form 8949 now.)


Looks fine, Mandy (Smitson CPA).  Good job, and thank you for making it sooooo easy.  I don't like paying any more than the next guy, but it makes sense, and I appreciate you.  Makes for a nice goal to offset those capital losses in 2017!