Darren L. Neuschwander, CPA
Managing Member & Chief of Tax Compliance, Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC
ROLE AT GNM
As a co-managing member of Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC, Mr. Neuschwander is head of the production side of our CPA firm’s tax compliance and accounting practice. Mr. Neuschwander is in charge of the firm’s best practices, quality controls and reviews. Mr. Neuschwander focuses on practice management, compliance, professionals, training, networks, standards and more. He co-hosts several of the firm’s trader tax webinars and various speaking engagements. Mr. Neuschwander initially joined GreenTraderTax in 2002.
Darren L. Neuschwander CPA is a managing member of Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC a leading CPA firm for traders and investment managers. Mr. Neuschwander earned the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration (Accountancy) graduating Cum Laude and Masters of Accountancy (Taxation) at Auburn University. He is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Alabama. Considered a leading authority on trader tax, Mr. Neuschwander is frequently interviewed by the Wall Street Journal. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA). Additionally, Mr. Neuschwander is a member of the School of Accountancy Advisory Council at Auburn University. The AICPA appointed Darren Neuschwander to their Individual & Self-Employed Tax Technical Resource Panel for 2016-2021, and to serve as Vice-Chair for 2020-2021. Mr. Neuschwander is also the current Chair of the AICPA tax force on virtual currency. He was a member of the Individual Income Taxation Technical Resource Panel of the AICPA from 2007 through 2010.
- “Recent Developments In Individual Taxation” THE TAX ADVISER. (March 2020)
- “Current Developments In Individual Taxation” THE TAX ADVISER. (September 2019)
- “Individual Taxation Report” THE TAX ADVISER. (March 2019).
- “Profit Motive Key in Hobby Loss Cases” JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTANCY. September 2018)
- “Recent Developments In Individual Taxation.” THE TAX ADVISER. (September 2018).
- “Individual Taxation: Report of Recent Development” THE TAX ADVISER. (March 2018).
- “Individual Taxation Report” THE TAX ADVISER. (September 2017).
- “Current Developments In Taxation of Individuals” THE TAX ADVISER. (March 2017).
- “Individual Taxation Report: Recent Developments” THE TAX ADVISER (November 2010).
- “Individual Taxation: Digest of Recent Developments” THE TAX ADVISER (February 2010).
- “Individual Taxation Report” THE TAX ADVISER (October 2009).
- “Individual Taxation: Filing Season Update” THE TAX ADVISER (December 2008).
- “Individual Taxation Report” THE TAX ADVISER. (September 2008).
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Experience in diverse client base: Tax compliance, planning and preparation for individuals, partnerships, s-corporations, corporations, estate and gift, and fiduciary. Served clients in estate planning and financial planning. Special consulting projects, tax research, and responding to federal and state tax inquiries. Warren, Averett, Kimbrough, & Marino, LLC Birmingham, Ala. Tax Supervisor (May 2002-January 2003) Arthur Andersen, LLP Birmingham, Ala. Senior Tax Accountant (September 1998-May 2002)
Master of Accountancy, Concentration in Taxation; Auburn University, Auburn, AL.; GPA: 4.0 on a 4.0 scale; August 1998. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting major); Honor: Cum Laude; Auburn University, Auburn, AL.; June 1997. Associate of Science in Business Administration; Honor: Cum Laude; Faulkner State Community College, Bay Minette, AL.; June 1994.
CPA LICENSE & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Certified Public Accountant licensed by Alabama #8243 (www.cpaverify.org) Member, The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member, The Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants