Forex Tax Treatment 2016 (Recording)
Many taxpayers, preparers and IRS agents mishandle forex tax treatment and elections.
Mar 16, 2016 at 4:00 pm EST
Join CPA and forex tax expert Robert A. Green CPA. In this GreenTraderTax Webinar promoted by FXCM, Mr. Green will explain how to handle forex trades on income tax returns including:
- Forex spot, forward and OTC options;
- Forex Section 988 ordinary gain or loss treatment;
- Section 988 opt-out (capital gains) election;
- Qualifying for lower Section 1256(g) 60/40 capital gains rates;
- Tax return examples for Section 988 vs. Section 1256(g) forex tax treatment with trading gains vs. trading losses. Green shows you how he prepares tax returns for forex traders.
- Reporting unrealized gains and losses with Section 1256(g);
- Rollover trades, interest and open P&L;
- Broker tax reporting, tax forms and summary reporting;
- IRS and state tax notices questioning forex tax treatment; and
- CFTC rules for retail off-exchange forex traders.